Anti-Harassment Policy Summary
MLP-MSP is dedicated to providing a harassment-free convention experience for everyone, regardless of gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age or religion.
We do not tolerate harassment of convention participants in any form. Unless a panel or event is both after 8pm and is also specified as being either 18+ or 21+, sexual language or imagery is not allowed. Convention participants violating these rules may be sanctioned or expelled from the conference without a refund at the discretion of the convention organizers.
Please respect the convention staff, security and hotel employees. We are here to make sure everyone is safe and has a good experience.
- No obscene or profane behavior in any public areas. This means no PDA or Violence.
- No sleeping in public areas.
- No smoking of any kind in the hotel.
- Drinking is prohibited in the meeting space areas unless otherwise noted.
- No use of any illegal substance is permitted. This will result in police intervention.
- Do not damage or steal any convention or hotel property. You will be held financially responsible.
- Do not drop things from the balconies.
- Solicitation of any goods or services is not allowed unless you are a registered vendor.
- Pets are not allowed in the convention area, with the exception of service animals. If you have special needs and need a service animal, please consult with staff.
- All attendees are to wear their attendance badge visibly at all times.
- MLP-MSP staff members reserve the right to ask any and all attendees for picture ID verification. Failure to provide picture ID verification will result in revocation of the attendees badge.
- MLP-MSP reserves the right to revoke any and all attendee and/or staff badges at any time for noncompliance with convention regulations, and in severe cases, escorting of the offending party off the property.
Minors / Children Rules
Lost children will be directed to the information desk until picked up by their parent or legal guardian.
- We do not offer childcare services. Anyone aged 13 or under must always be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. Please do not leave them unattended, even in children programming areas.
- Curfew laws still apply to persons under the age of 17, unless escorted by a parent or legal guardian. Curfew in the city of Bloomington is:Under 12 years of age:
Sunday – Thursday, 9 p.m.
Friday – Saturday, 10 p.m.12 – 14 years of age:
Sunday – Thursday, 10 p.m.
Friday – Saturday, 11 p.m.
15 – 17 years of age:
Sunday – Thursday, 11 p.m.
Friday – Saturday, midnight.
- Parents or legal guardians will be held responsible for any damages done to the hotel or convention property by their children.
- Persons under the age of 21 who are found to be in possession of alcohol may be removed from the hotel per the hotel staff’s discretion.
MLP-MSP welcomes all cosplayers! It’s always fun to dress up and show off a cool costume. Just make sure to follow these cosplay guidelines.
If you are concerned that you may be in violation one of the following policies, please visit Operations to have your costume checked. All costumes must conform to the policies below.
- No live steel.
- All costumes must comply with local laws. Cosplay items that are deemed as vulgar are not permitted.
- No bare feet.
- No sharp protrusions (i.e. sharp spikes).
- Please keep your costume from extending more than six inches (6”) from your body in any direction. There can be exceptions if the item is collapsible or retractable (i.e. a tail).
- No firearms.
- Realistic looking replica firearms are not allowed, including those marked with an orange tip.
- Any firearm props must look harmless to the average viewer (essentially, they should not look realistic or threatening).
- No projectiles should be used on hotel property.
- No laser pointers or high intensity lights that can hurt the eyes.
There are a lot of cool and exciting events to enjoy and sights to see at MLP-MSP. As always, it’s important to have fun and be safe while at these events, whether it’s a panel, a dance or otherwise. Please keep these rules in mind.
- Please be courteous of other attendees at events.
- No pushing, shoving or being aggressive.
- No moshing or violent behavior at the dance.
- Please be respectful and courteous at panels. Engaging with the panelists is definitely encouraged, but make sure that the panelists are able to talk.
- Do not cut in line or save spots for events.
- Please do not fight in any of the event areas. This includes, but is not limited to, fighting with weapons, such as foam fighting or boffer, and empty handed combat such as martial arts, stage fighting or general play fighting.