Do you hand-sew fine details onto costumes to make them as accurate as possible? Do you hunt for weeks for the right accessories to get the complete look? Do you just like to fill the shoes of your favorite characters? Do you just want to be fabulous on stage?
If so, sign up for our cosplay contest! There will be forms at the con, or you can sign up ahead of time by using our nifty Google form, found below.
- Only those who fill out the submission form before the con, or turn it in by Friday evening at the con will be permitted to compete. No walk-ons will be allowed.
- Online submissions will end on Monday, June 6th.
- Orientation/workmanship judging will be at 10am on Saturday, Jun 11. Attending orientation is required to participate in the contest (workmanship judging not required).
- This is a family friendly con, so costumes must maintain a PG-13 rating. No profanity/inappropriate gestures/nudity/etc. will be permitted.
- NO LIVE STEEL OR REAL WEAPONS PERMITTED. Props with a firing mechanism must be disabled/not loaded. This includes water pistols, airsoft guns, Nerf guns, etc.
- Nothing messy and/or dangerous on stage. This includes confetti, glitter, silly string, water, etc (I’m lookin’ at you, Pinkie Pie…). If it goes on with you, it comes off with you.
- Staff members are not permitted to compete in the competition. Also, if your costume has previously won awards in other competitions, please refrain from entering it. We would like for this competition to be fair to all entries.
- It is recommended that young children be accompanied by a parent/guardian.
- Please be courteous to your fellow competitors. No bullying/name-calling/etc. will be permitted.
- All judges’ decisions are final. Please don’t argue with the judges.
- Prizes will be awarded in the following categories:
- Best likeness
- Best in show
- Judge’s choice– This category includes our special guest judge
Any entries or contestants that do not follow the rules will be removed from the line up.