Do you hand-sew fine details onto costumes to make them as accurate as possible? Do you hunt for weeks for the right accessories to get the complete look? Do you just like to fill the shoes of your favorite characters? Do you just want to be fabulous on stage?
If any of those sound like you and you’re going to be at MLP-MSP 2015, sign up for our cosplay contest! Please print out and fill in this submission form and bring it with you at the time of the contest.
- Due to time constraints, only walk-on entries will be permitted. This way we can accommodate as many entries as possible.
- This is a family friendly con, so costumes must maintain a PG-13 rating. No profanity/inappropriate gestures/nudity/etc. will be permitted.
- NO LIVE STEEL OR REAL WEAPONS PERMITTED. Props with a firing mechanism must be disabled/not loaded. This includes water pistols, airsoft guns, Nerf guns, etc.
- Nothing messy and/or dangerous on stage. This includes confetti, glitter, silly string, water, etc (I’m lookin’ at you, Pinkie Pie…). If it goes on with you, it comes off with you.
- Staff members are not permitted to compete in the competition. Also, if your costume has previously won awards in other competitions, please refrain from entering it. We would like for this competition to be fair to all entries.
- It is recommended that young children be accompanied by a parent/guardian.
- Please be courteous to your fellow competitors. No bullying/name-calling/etc. will be permitted.
- All judges’ decisions are final. Please don’t argue with the judges.
- Prizes will be awarded in the following categories:
- Best likeness
- Best in show
- Super secret award (to be announced at competition)
All contestants will receive a special MLP-MSP button for participating in the contest. Any entries or contestants that do not follow the rules will be removed from the line up.
We’re just under two months out from con time, so now’s the time to get those cosplays together! Don’t forget to pack your submission forms, either!
For more information on this and other MLP-MSP events, check our events page!